Sunday, December 20, 2009


People, maybe including myself, tend to do things of which they are not exactly aware. No one wants to be in the situation in this picture, five days a week. That backup is actually about two miles long -- every day.
People write poetry without thinking -- they just write the best way they know how, and somehow expect poetry to come out of it. As if it is natural to them. They expect to be a poet without thinking about what they are doing with their art. I want to ask a poet, tell me how your work is advanced in comparison to what is being written, what are you discovering? What is your poetry about? What do you have to say? Are you actually stuck in traffic and don't know it?

5 comments:

Bleeding Healer said...

well it´s a very inquistive question,Idon´t know about others but poetry is simply about writing how you feel,a wave of emotions and thoughts which cometimes don´t come out perfectly and are confusing but may be presenting the state of mind...anyways good work..=)

Tom said...

Sunset,

You said on your blog,


"And I know in future I would be reading these very same lines from my diary and smiling at how immature I was."

I still feel that way myself, three times your age.

Tom

Bleeding Healer said...

Tom,
Well that's how exactly we all will feel,as we grow up the things said or done seems to be a mere foolish act done by us,but i wish to collect all my random thoughts and dreams,so that when i grow up i should never forget who i really was..

Sunset

Tom said...

Sunset,

You are very wise. We can only see the path ahead of us by seeing the path behind us.

Tom

Bleeding Healer said...

Tom,
Though sometimes it's best not to look behind,there are many things in life that wish not to be reminded of,be it past mistakes or experiences.Your post always seems to enlighten me,you have a beautiful way of writting.Thank you for the compliment.

Sunset