Sunday, February 21, 2010

People, (and maybe rightly so) are so often only concerned with themselves and nothing more. Ever notice that everyone wants to talk and no one wants to listen? Do people read books so they can talk about them? Think Facebook. Of course people read what others have to say and then they add their own tiny remarks in the form of some reaction and so forth. It is like the buzzing of a bee hive. Theatre in the late 1500's may well have been a kind of Facebook, all the gathering and the chit-chat, often moving in one direction, in one sense of order. Gather for a play, watch, talk about it, go home. Endlessly gregarious humanity.

Solitary blogs are no longer fashionable; single websites are stale. Group-think outside the borg is condemned.

Ants. Bees. Corporations. Group art projects are very popular.

A single person's point of view will be an antique.

Join up. It's free.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Each blog is supposed to be author-subjective and I think blogging has a certain therapeutic aspect.

I’ve also happened to meet some people who are much more interested in collecting rather than sharing and who never really read what they are reading and just keep busy visiting and leaving all those vacant messages or who are not really aware of what they are writing about, which is frustrating to me. Just, on second thought, I reckon their way of blogging may be therapeutic for themselves in a way..

However, whenever I get on line, I’m still excited to meet like-minded people on the Internet, am I too optimistic..?

Tom said...

Jen,

Have you ever met anyone who is like-minded with you? Anywhere? Out of all the poets I've met or read (living) only one do I agree with or share their vision.

Are you optimistic? Yes, and we might as well be optimistic as there is not much else.

Write more, and let me know when.

Jen said...

Not for everything but in some degree.. and especially about blogging, I write assuming there are people who read what I’m interested in.. as I read what attracts my interest.. Just I fully understand it’s not easy nor good to make ends meet in human relationship. I think you know what I mean.

Yes, of course I’m picky and good at picking holes in whatever I don’t like with my close friends. And I hope to have a really close friend with whom I feel absolutely comfortable when I am in that bad mood.. well.. I also know this is impossible. Isn’t it..?